Friday, May 2, 2014

有些原諒是不需要道歉的。
Forgiveness Without Apologies.

You know how you'd get all these strange stares or hand-covered whispers, outright impatient outbursts even, right in front of your face when you've just done something deemed unacceptable by the rest of the world at large?

That very amusing and perhaps embarrassing yet irritating and frustrating kind of feeling that you are, once again, at odds with the world?

I am not the provocative type, but perhaps due to my eccentric and idiosyncratic nature, submissively passive as I used to be, I often find myself under siege.

It's all harmless really, reactions vary from being the subject of jokes to point-blank questionings. Not the kind of attention that one would crave for, but it's still b-e-a-r-a-b-l-e.

Sometimes it does get out of hand though.

As I gradually transition myself from the submissively passive me to the initiatively affable me (cough), somewhere in between, there are these awkward phases where I utter or do things that do not necessarily convey what I actually want to express.

Hence misunderstandings arise.
People get offended and utter or do things that they themselves would regret.
Provided that they realize that some of things they utter or do don't really make sense and are pretty offensive as well as defensive themselves.

Most of the time they don't realize. Seriously.

I believe I am not exempted from such errors as well if the tables are turned.
So who am I to judge?

I eventually chose to forgive and let go.

With or without apologies.

It's actually a big blow to my ego, I'd say, but in retrospect it's the best gift I'd ever given myself. That kind of happiness and freedom is remarkable.. And priceless.

I am definitely no saint. Frankly speaking, I was very hurt and disappointed yet I couldn't bring myself to voice anything out further because I knew it would only make matters worse. Fortunately I had a strong support system in the form of people who are patient enough to hear me out and understand me, whether or not they supported what I did or said.

And I thank myself for continuously striving to educate and train myself in the realms of personal development and self-realization. That I never gave up on myself.

I choose to focus on the larger picture, in creating a better world for myself, especially for future generations. Mindset is key.

And everything, everything begins with me, from little things like these.
I may be clumsy and make loads of mistakes along the way but deep down in my heart, I know I'm on the right path.

Praise the Lord! =)

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gratefulness.
感恩。

I am deeply touched by the much little blessings in my life that I often take for granted, everytime I listen to or watch the following video.
每当我听或看以下的影片,我深深的被生命中许多常常被忽略的小祝福感动。

Hope it opens up your heart too. =)
希望它也能让你的心打开。 =)

Little Girl:
小女孩:
When I watch TV..
当我看电视的时候..
It's just some shows that you just, that are pretend..
那只是一些节目,一些不真实的节目..
And, and when you explore..
当你去探索的时候..
You get more imagination than you already had..
你会拥有比你原有更多的想像力..
And, um, when you get more imagination..
还有,嗯,当你拥有更多想像力..
It makes you wanna go deeper in..
让你想要更深入的想像力..
So you can get more and see beautifuller things..
使你得到更多看到更美的东西..
Like it could, the path..
就好像它可以,那路径..
If it's a path, it could lead you, uh, could lead you to a beach or something..
若它是个路径,它可以引领你,嗯,可以引领你到个海边或者什么的..
And it could be beautiful..
可以是很美的..

Man:
大人:
You think this is just another day in your life..
你认为这只是你生命中的另一天..
It's not just another day..
其实它并不只是另一天..
It's the one day that is given to you..
它是被赐给你的一天..
Today.
今天。

It's given to you..
它是被赐给你..
It's a gift..
它是个礼物..
It's the only gift that you have right now..
它是你现在唯一拥有的礼物..
And the only appropriate response is gratefulness.
适当的回应也只有感恩。

If you do nothing else and but to cultivate that response..
若你其他什么都没做,只培植那回应..
To the great gift that this unique day is..
回应这独一无二的一天,这伟大的礼物..
If you learn to respond as if it were the first day in your life..
若你学习回应有如它是你生命的第一天..
And the very last day..
还有最后一天..
Then you will have spent this day very well.
你会把这一天活得很好。

Begin by opening your eyes and be surprised that you have eyes you can open..
首先睁开你的眼睛,让自己感到惊讶自己拥有一双看得见的眼睛..
That incredible array of colours that is constantly offered to us for our pure enjoyment..
那不可思议的色彩阵列持续的给我们提供,让我们纯粹的享受..
Look at the sky..
看那天空..
So really look at the sky..
好好的看那天空..
So really note how different it is from moment to moment the clouds come and gone.
好好的体会一刻刻来来去去的云朵是有多不一样的。

We just think of the weather..
我们只想到天气..
And even of the weather, we don't think of all the many nuances of weather..
即使天气,我们也没想到天气许多细微的差异..
We just think of good weather and bad weather..
我们只想到好天气跟坏天气..
This day, right now, has unique weather..
今天,现在,拥有独特的天气..
Maybe a kind that will never exactly in that form come again..
那天气的形式有可能永远都不会再出现..
The formation of clouds in the sky will never be the same that is right now..
天空里那云朵的形成永远都不会跟现在的一样..
Open your eyes..
睁开你的眼睛..
Look at that.
看看那云朵。

Look at the faces of people whom you meet..
看看你遇到的人的面容..
Each one has a incredible story behind their face..
每一个人的面容背后拥有一个了不起的故事..
A story that you could never fully fathom..
一个你永远没办法完全捉摸的故事..
Not only their own story but the story of their ancestors..
不仅仅他们自己的故事,还有他们祖先的故事..
We all go back so far.
我们的历史很久以前就开始了。

And in this present moment, on this day..
还有在这一刻,在这一天..
All the people you meet..
你所遇到的所有的人..
All that life from generations and from so many places all over the world..
那从不同时代来之世界各地的生命..
Flows together and meets you here..
漂流在一起,在这里与你相遇..
Like a life-giving water if you only open your heart and drink.
好比生命之水,只要你打开你的心好好品尝。

Open your heart to the incredible gifts that civilization gives to us..
将你的心打开,文明带给了我们许多不可思议的礼物..
You flip a switch and there is electric light..
你按个开关就有电灯光..
You turn a faucet and there's warm water and cold water..
你转个水龙头就有热水和冷水..
And drinkable water..
还有可以喝的水..
It's a gift that millions and millions in the world are, will never experience..
世上有千百万人永远不会有机会享受甚至体验这一切..
Now these are just a few of an enormous number of gifts to which you can open your heart.
打开你的心,这些也只是在众多的礼物中的一小部分。

And so I wish you that you will open your heart to all these blessings..
所以我祝你,愿你对所有这些祝福将你的心打开..
And let them flow through you..
让它们通过你流动..
That everyone whom you will meet on the street will be blessed by you.
让你在街上遇到的每一个人都会被你祝福..
Just by your eyes..
只透过你的眼神..
By your smile..
透过你的笑容..
By your touch..
透过你的触摸..
Just by your presence.
只透过你的存在。

Let the gratefulness overflow into blessing all around you.
让那感恩溢出成你四周围的祝福。

Then it will really be a good day.
那今天就会是真的很美好的一天。

Spread the blessings. =)
把那祝福传出去吧。 =)